Director of Communications
Are you creative and passionate about communicating a message that gives hope and makes a positive difference to millions of people around the world?
Thanks to the commitment and generosity of our supporters, the Scottish Bible Society is a charity that helps people in over 200 countries and territories around the world to receive Bibles in a language they understand and a format they can use. We are involved in transformative projects that include teaching people how to read using the Bible, contributing to education programmes for children and much more!
We have an exciting opportunity for a creative and strategic leader who excels in a senior management position and as part of a senior leadership team. You will be someone with communications, marketing and PR experience that can raise the profile of the SBS brand, engage audiences to respond by supporting the SBS mission, and motivate a staff team to deliver the organisational objectives. You will have experience of managing campaigns that help meet fundraising targets for a charitable organisation, or a background in campaign management that drives sales for a commercial organisation.
The role reports to the Chief Executive and you will be someone who is articulate, has strong influencing skills and has proven stakeholder management skills to work with all levels of staff in the organisation, our board of directors, and external partners. This is a senior role in an organisation with a strong Christian ethos, therefore there is an occupational requirement that the post holder is a practising Christian.
- Full-time role based at Bible House, Edinburgh near Haymarket train station.
- Out of normal business hours or occasional weekend work may be required, with time off in lieu in return.
- Some UK and overseas travel from time-to-time may be required, with time off in lieu in return.
- Salary depending on experience.
- Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 17th May 2019.
- Interviews will take place across the weeks commencing Monday 3 June and Monday 10 June 2019.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
For an informal discussion about the role, please call Jenny Grimmond on 0131 347 9813.