Community Bible Experience: A new revolution has begun…
This experience has helped me to be more committed to Bible reading and to applying to my own life.
What is behind the revolution?
Community Bible Experience revolves around a new format of NIV Bible, stripped of verses and chapter numbers. It reads as a flowing narrative, much as it was intended to be read. Meeting weekly, groups feel more like a book group than a Bible study, with conversation, discovery and learning all springing from the flow of the text.
Many Christians struggle to read the whole of the Bible, their reading being disjointed and split into fragments. CBE allows the reader to become immersed in the greater story, grasping the big picture and context while enjoying the events of history unfold. Reading in community the Word becomes relational and applicable to our everyday lives, enhancing understanding and transformation.
I saw people who knew their Bible inside out finding fresh things.
People who hadn’t read their Bible for months were getting excited.
Why it works
- It encourages daily Bible reading.
- It gives a sense of the “Big Picture” of the Bible as folk read large amounts of the scripture each day.
- It enables the Bible to be read in context, with introductions at the beginning of each book enabling people to understand who each book was written to and why.
- It builds community around the Word of God through getting people together to discuss what God is saying through His Word.
The whole Bible in CBE format
The CBE New Testament has now been joined by three volumes covering the Old Testament – Covenant History, The Prophets and The Writings. 8 week and 16 reading plans are available for all four volumes.
CBE is supported with some amazing digital resources:
- eBooks – An electronic version of the CBE book readable on ‘phones, laptops, and eReaders
- Audio – An MP3 version of the CBE book for ‘phones, tablets, laptops and newer CD players.
- Daily emails – features a short video introducing the reading for the day with links to eBook and audio for the day.
- Family/Kids version – An abridged version of CBE featuring an audio version and a transcript to read along as a family.
In our group there were a number of people who freely admit to struggling to read their Bible every day and they just flew with it. They thought it was brilliant!
We have people testifying to not having read the Bible as much in twenty years as what they had over the period of reading in the CBE programme.
If you are are ready to sign-up
- Sign-up online
- Biblica will send you a welcome pack and all the resources you need. Copies of each volume of Community Bible Experience can be purchased at the subsidised cost of £5. One copy should be made available for everyone taking part.
If you would like more information
- Contact Adrian Armstrong, Head of Bible Engagement
- Telephone: 0131 347 9827
- Email: email@example.com