Joining us in prayer is a powerful way for you to support our work. Below are some suggested topics and areas where you can support us through the power of prayer.
Pray for the Scottish Bible Society
- Give thanks for the Scottish Bible Society and Bible Societies around the world, working in over 200 countries to spread the Word of God.
- Pray that the Scottish Bible Society staff can respond well to ever changing demands and challenges, and that in all our work we can honour God.
- Give thanks for the generosity of our supporters that enable all this work to take place.
- Pray for the 350,000,000 people that do not possess even a single book of the Bible in their own language – pray for ongoing translation and distribution work, and for encouragement for all the staff and volunteers worldwide.
Pray for our work across Scotland
- Pray for Bibleworld Books, our literacy resource that seeks to engage children and young people in the Word of God.
- Give thanks for the gift of the Gospel this Christmas as our Christmas Gospel booklets reach the homes and hands of many people this season. Pray that those who receive a copy will come to know Christ through the gift of God’s Word.
- Pray for a successful Bible Sunday this year. Pray that churches across Scotland will participate in Bible Sunday celebrations and engage with God’s Word together. Pray that our daily emails will offer encouragement and inspiration for people as they explore finding their home in Christ.
- Pray for our Bible engagement resources like our Equip series, or Community Bible Experience. Pray that as churches, groups and individuals discover and use these resources that they will grow in their faith, and will press into God’s Word for teaching and encouragement.
Pray for work overseas
- Pray for Christians experiencing ongoing and devastating trauma as a result of the conflict in Iraq, Syria and other parts of the Middle East.
- Please pray for refugees who are asking for Bibles, that, as they read the Scriptures, God will draw close to them.
- Pray for the millions of Christians in China who still do not have their own Bible, as we try to help them with our recent China Appeal.
- In Uganda, literacy rates are very low, so an audio Bible can often be the only way people will interact with the Word of God. Pray that many more rural communities in Uganda will receive the joy of an audio Bible through our work with the Bible Society of Uganda.