Over the next few months, we would especially value prayer for:
- Pray for our Bible 2020 project – a global vision to unite the world in reading the Bible aloud for an entire year!
- Pray for our most recent appeals, that the generous support will help to transform lives around the world as people encounter the living God for the first time through His Word.
- Pray for all we are doing to resource the Scottish church; from Trauma Healing to Community Bible Experience, and our all-age and children resources, Dear Theo and Bibleworld Books.
Joining us in prayer is a powerful way for you to support our work. Below are some suggested topics and areas where you can support us through the power of prayer.
Pray for the Scottish Bible Society
- Give thanks for the Scottish Bible Society and Bible Societies around the world, working in over 200 countries to spread the Word of God.
- Pray that the Scottish Bible Society staff can respond well to ever changing demands and challenges, and that in all our work we can honour God.
- Give thanks for the generosity of our supporters that enable all this work to take place.
- Pray for the 350,000,000 people that do not possess even a single book of the Bible in their own language – pray for ongoing translation and distribution work, and for encouragement for all the staff and volunteers worldwide.
Pray for our work across Scotland
- Pray for Bibleworld Books: what started as a literacy resource to be used by churches in primary schools, has now grown as an all-age Bible engagement resource to be used in Sunday Schools, as a childrens book club, or in whatever context suits the church.
- Pray for our Bible engagement resources like our Equip series, or Community Bible Experience. Pray that as churches, groups and individuals discover and use these resources that they will grow in their faith, and will press into God’s Word for teaching and encouragement.
- Pray for a successful Bible Sunday this year. Pray that churches across Scotland will participate in Bible Sunday celebrations and engage with God’s Word together. Pray that our daily emails will offer encouragement and inspiration for people as they explore finding their home in Christ.
Pray for work overseas
- We have committed to funding 3 nearly-completed Bible translations in the hope that we can get them ‘over the line’. Pray for these translations in Ghana, Tanzania and Democratic Republic of Congo; for the team working on the final stages of translation, and the people who will receive a copy of God’s Word in their heart language.
- Please pray for refugees in the Middle East who are asking for Bibles, that, as they read the Scriptures, God will draw close to them. Many of these refugees are Christians, and have suffered or are still suffering from devastating trauma. Pray for the Lord’s comforting hand to be on them in this difficult time.