Joining us in prayer is a powerful way for you to support our work. Below are some suggested topics and areas where you can support us through the power of prayer.
Pray for the Scottish Bible Society
- Give thanks for the Scottish Bible Society and Bible Societies around the world, working in over 200 countries to spread the Word of God.
- Pray that the Scottish Bible Society staff can respond well to ever changing demands and challenges, and that in all our work we can honour God.
- Give thanks for the generosity of our supporters that enable all this work to take place.
- Pray for the 350,000,000 people that do not possess even a single book of the Bible in their own language – pray for ongoing translation and distribution work, and for encouragement for all the staff and volunteers worldwide.
Pray for our work across Scotland
- Give thanks for the successful trial run of our new literacy programme. Pray that this will be effective in improving children’s literacy skills and that it will bring them closer to God as they learn about Jesus.
- Pray for Bibleworld and the team as they prepare to come off the road this year. Pray that the work that they do with the children will be successful and that they will be inspired by what they learn.
- Give thanks for the gift of the Gospel this Christmas as our Christmas Gospel booklets reach the homes and hands of many people this season. Pray that those who receive a copy will come to know Christ through the gift of God’s Word.
- Pray for a successful Bible Sunday this year. Pray that churches across Scotland will participate in Bible Sunday celebrations and engage with God’s Word together. Pray that our daily emails will offer encouragement and inspiration for people as they explore finding their home in Christ.
Pray for work overseas
- Pray for our Iraq appeal, that God will bless this project, and that it will be used to help and support to persecuted Christians in Iraq.
- Pray for Christians experiencing ongoing and devastating trauma as a result of the conflict in Iraq, Syria and other parts of the Middle East.
- Please pray for refugees who are asking for Bibles, that, as they read the Scriptures, God will draw close to them.
- Pray for our partnership with churches in Malawi, and for the ongoing development of resources of children’s materials in that country. Pray that these will encourage many to engage with the Word of God and lay a solid foundation for the faith of many throughout Malawi.
- Pray for staff, church workers and volunteers who run the Family Scripture Engagement programme. Ask that this programme will be a real blessing to the many families reached as they encounter God in the Bible.